Dorothy K. McAllen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D Coordinator
School of Technology & Professional Services Management
145 Sill Hall
- Ph.D. – Doctor of Philosophy in Technology – Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
- M.S. – Technology Studies – Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
- B.S. – Criminal Justice – Michigan State University, E. Lansing, MI
September 2015 - present - Assistant Professor
Professional Summary28 years in State Government
National Security, Strategic Management, and Innovation
Interests and Expertise
- TM130 – Introduction to Technology Management
- TM212 – The Management of Technological Change
- TM311 – Information Technology Management & Organizations
- TM314W – Socio-Technical systems Approach to Process Improvement
- TM415 – Senior Seminar in Technology Management
- TS505 – Technology and society
- TS506 – Patterns of change in Technology & Culture
- TS508 – Contemporary Issues in Technology
- STS300W – Research & Writing: Technology Career Perspective
- ET100 – Introduction to Engineering Technology
- IA479 – Cyber Intelligence
- IA592 – Cyber Intelligence II
- IA329 – Policy Development in Information Security
- McAllen, D.. Policy Constraints on Technological Innovation. Paper presented at the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT) Conference, Dearborn, MI, Nov. 2014.
- Downs, G. & McAllen, D.. How much do they know? A Study of the Foundational Knowledge of Incoming Technology Management Undergraduates. Paper to be presented at the 2015 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, Portland, OR, August, 2015. [Proposal approved. Final paper due February 2015].
- McAllen, D., Downs, G., & Ascani, H., The Relationship between Prior Military Education and Academic Performance in a Technology Management Undergraduate Program. 2013 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, San Jose, CA, July 2013.
- Downs, G. & McAllen, D. Exploring Military Service and Performance in Online Classes. The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration (OJDLA). Winter 2014.
- McAllen, D., National Values and Technology Innovation: A Study on Inclusive and Exclusive Relationships. Midwest Research Symposium, University of Toledo, March 2011.
- Downs, G. & McAllen, D., The Effect of Intrinsic Motivation on Success in a Technology Management Undergraduate Program. Paper presented at the 2012 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, Vancouver, CA, July 2012.
- McAllen, D., Unintended Consequences: The Relationship between National Security Policy and Technology Innovation. EMU Research Conference, Ypsilanti, MI, March 2011.
- McAllen, D., The Role of Knowledge Transference in the Sustainability of Technology Innovation, EMU Graduate Research Conference, Ypsilanti, MI, March 2010.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- PICMET – Technology Management National Organization
- SHOT – Society for the History of Technology
- DEC – Detroit Economic Club
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- MCWT – Michigan Council of Women in Technology
- AAUW – American Association of University Women
- Epsilon Pi Tau, International Honor Society for Professionals in Technology
- Phi Kappa Phi – National Honor Society
- FBINAA – Federal bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates