Jie Cao, Ph.D.
School of Information Security and Applied Computing
206 Roosevelt Hall
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Wayne State University
- Master in Computer Science, Wayne State University
September 2018 - present - Assistant Professor
Interests and Expertise
- IA 110 Concepts of Network and Business Technology
- IA 385 Database Management and Security
- Jie Cao, Lanyu Xu, Raef Abdallah and Weisong Shi, “An OS for Internet of Everything: Early Experience form a Smart Home Prototype,” in ZTE Communications, Nov 2017.
- Jie Cao, Lanyu Xu, Raef Abdallah and Weisong Shi, “Edge OSH: A Home Operating System for Internet of Everything,” in Proceedings of the the 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), Vision/Blue Sky Track, Atlanta, USA, Jun 2017
- Weisong Shi,Jie Cao, Quan Zhang, Youhuizi Li and Lanyu Xu, “Edge Computing: Vision and Challenges,”IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Jun 2016.
- Jie Cao, Mingyang Xu, Weisong Shi, Zhifeng Yu, Abdulbaset Salim and Paul Kilgore,“My Palm Vein: A Palm Vein-based Low-cost Mobile Identification System For Wide Age Range,” in Proceedings of 2015IEEE17th International Conference one-Health Networking, Applications and Services (HealthCom), Boston, USA, Oct 2015.(Best Student Paper Award)
- Lingmei Ren, Weisong Shi, Zhifeng Yu, and Jie Cao, “ALARM: A novel fall detection algorithm based on personalized threshold,” in Proceedings of 2015 IEEE 17th International Conference one-Health Networking, Applications and Services (HealthCom), Boston, USA, Oct 2015.
- Jie Cao, Lingmei Ren, Weisong Shi and Zhifeng Yu, “A Framework for Component Selection in Collaborative Sensing Application Development,” in Proceedings of 10th IEEE Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing, Miami, USA, Oct 2014.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Awards and Patents
- Kilgore, Paul E., Weisong Shi,Jie Cao, Zhifeng Yu, and Mingyang Xu. “Palm vein-based low-cost mobile identification system for a wide age range.” U.S. Patent Application 15/293,798, filed October 14, 2016.
- Edge Computing: A Primer, December 2018, Springer.