Dr. John Texter, Ph.D.
Polymers and Coatings
School of Engineering
201 Sill Hall (Main)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Lehigh University
- Bachelor's in Engineering from Lehigh University
August 2002 - present - Professor
Interests and ExpertiseResearch interests include polymeric thin films and composites, fire and heat resistant polymeric materials, colloidal crystal coating and manufacturing, templating photonic crystals from polymeric arrays and nanoencapsulating of pigments.
Professional Memberships and AffiliationsHe is active professionally and has served as Chairman of the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry of the American Chemical Society, Chairman of the Chemistry at Interfaces Gordon Research Conference, Chair of the Chemistry of Supramolecules and Assemblies Gordon Research Conference and organizer of many international symposia. He is a member of the American Chemical Society, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, the American Physical Society, the Materials Research Society, the American Composites Society, and the Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
Awards and Patents
- 2007 Ronald W. Collins Distinguished Faculty Research Award,
- Service Recognition Award from the ACS Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry
- Team Achievement Award for Improved Ferrotyping
- Induction into the Kodak Distinguished Inventors Gallery
- MRE Innovation Award for Nanocrystalline Technology,
- CTO Patent Award for Innovation and Initiative in Patenting
Professor Texter has over 35 years’ experience in the fields of coating, polymers, colloids, emulsions, and advanced materials. He has over 200 publications including over 44 issued U.S. Patents. He has been editor-in-chief of the Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, associate editor of Nanoparticle Research, and has worked for Strider Research Corporation and for Eastman Kodak Company in various areas of dispersion and emulsion technology.
He consults in diverse areas related to dispersion and coating formulation and stability. He is an experienced lecturer, organizer, and technical project manager.