Dr. Muhammad Ahmed, Ph.D.
School of Engineering
102 King Hall
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Statistics)
- M.S. (Mechanical Engineering)
- M.S. (Manufacturing Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering)
- September 2019 - to date - Professor (Eastern Michigan University, USA)
- September 2013 - August 2019 - Associate Professor (Eastern Michigan University, USA)
- September 2008 - August 2013 - Assistant Professor (Eastern Michigan University, USA)
- May 1999 - July 2008 - Program Manager Engineering Technology (Wayne State University, USA)
- Research Associate (Wayne State University, USA)
- August 1995 - May 1999 - Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Consultant (Autobody consortium Inc. USA)
- December 1991 - Aug 1993 - Researcher/Consultant (Diversified Computer Engineering and Development, USA)
- September 1993 -May 1994 - Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering (NED University of Engg and Tech Pakistan)
- June 1994 - Aug 1995 - Design Engineer (Diversified Computer Engineering and Development, USA)
Professional SummaryCAE/Quality Engineering/ Sr Manufacturing Engr/New Product Development/ Software Development/ Virtual Variation Simulation at Ford Motor Company and GM.
Interests and ExpertiseAI, NLP, AI in Marketing Strategies, Knowledge Management. Business Process Management, Decision Support Systems, PLM, ERP, VSA, Product Development, Process Improvement, Online Learning, and Engineering Education
- EM 505 - Managing Engineering and Technology
- EM 509 - Engineering Project Management
- EM 519 - Applied Engineering Project Management
- EM 520 - Engineering Value and Economic Analysis
- EM 531 - Engineering Management Analysis
- EM 540 - Engineering Resource Management
- EM 580 - Engineering and Enterprise Integration
- EM 581 - Engineering and Business Process Management
- EM 609 - Professional Project Management
- EM 620 - Integrated Product and Process Design
- EM 649 - Manufacturing Process Planning
- EM 695 - Seminar in Engineering Ethics and Leadership
- EM 599 - Special Topics (AI, Lean Six Sigma)
Automated Answer Scoring for Engineering's Open-Ended Questions. Ahmed, M.S (2019). International Journal of Research in Education Methodology, 10. p3398-3406. https://doi.org/10.24297/ijrem.v10i0.8495
The Motivation Based on Customer Interaction: Are Automotive Product Development Engineers at a Disadvantage?, Ahmed, M. S., & Weisgerber, J. (2019). Archives of Business Research, 7(9), 71–88. doi: https://doi.org/10.14738/abr.79.2019
SERVQUAL Reliability and Validity A Pilot Study to Evaluate Patients' Satisfaction in the Jordanian Hospitals, Mohammad Ibrahim, Muhammad S Ahmed, (2019). International Management Review, V15(1), p56-67. http://scholarspress.us/journals/IMR/pdf/IMR-1-2019/IMR-v15n1art5.pdf
Sustainable Lighting System for University Buildings, Farheen Zehra, Kasim A. Korkmaz, Muhammad S. Ahmed, (2018). Journal of Buildings and Sustainability, V1 (2), p12-22. http://www.insightcore.com/journal/2018-1-2-journal-of-buildings-and-sustainability.html
Autonomous Vehicles - Engineers Perspective, Ahmed, M. S (2018). International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigation, V7(79), p62-70. http://www.ijsei.com/archive-77918.htm
Internal Factors Influence on Project Management Maturity Assessment, Ahmed, M. S. (2018). International Journal of Management and Information Technology, 13(1) pg. 3193-3206. https://cirworld.com/index.php/ijmit/article/view/7153
Lessons Learned from NSF I-Corps Boot Camp, Ahmed, M. S. (2017). Journal of Education and Practice, 8(26) pg 1-10. http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEP/article/view/38894 .
Evolution of Knowledge Management in Business. Ahmed, M. S. Engineering Management Research, 6(2), 32. http://doi.org/10.5539/emr.v6n2p32. (2017).
Success of American Automotive Industry Post General Motors and Chrysler Bankruptcy. Ahmed, M. S., & Damon, C. M. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology.6 (5). (2017). https://www.ijert.org/browse/volume-6-2017/may-2017-edition?start=60
Debate : An activity to enhance collaboration in online courses; Ahmed, M.S; The Journal of Online Engineering Education Vol 3. No3. (2012).
Using SMS as a Teaching and Learning Tool; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; ASEE Global Colloquium Proceedings 2011, Lisbon Portugal.
Hiring Experienced Project Manager in Automotive Companies; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B. Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Vol 2. ISBN: 978–1–61275–994–4 pp 619-624
Selection of Parameters for Offset Crash Analysis Using Design of Experiments, Muhammad Ahmed NED University Journal of Engineering Research, November 1997.
Teaching Engineering Management with Diverse Global Cultural Perspective; Global Engineering Recognition, Sustainability and Mobility. Ahmed, M. S; Townsend, R. SEFI 2011 Annual Conference, Proceedings ISBN : 978-2-87352-004-5 (http://www.sefi.be/index.php?page_id=24)ugal
Use of Learning Design Methodology and Knowledge Management in Online Graduate Courses; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B. Engineering Education in the 21st Century - Quality, Globalization and Local Relevance. Editors A. Shanableh, K. Hamad, M. Omar and M. Bettayeb. pp 194-212.
Teaching Leadership in an Interdisciplinary Product Development Course, Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; 9th ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education Singapore, October 18 - 21, 2010.
Linking Professional Certification with Graduate Education; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; International Symposium on Total Engineering Education (TEE'09)" East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China, pp 175-182
A Process to Reduce Maintenance and Retro Fitting Design Time using Portable 3D Scanning; Ahmed, M S, Lin, Cheng Chih Lin; Society of Manufacturing Engineer Aerospace Measurement, Inspection & Analysis Conference Baltimore September 30th 2009.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Management
- American Society of Engineering Education
Awards and PatentsAthter, Adil; Ahmed, Muhammad S; System and Methods for Managing Communication, U.S. Patent 2011/0282951, Nov 11, 2011
Bayer Teaching Excellence Award 2009, Beyer Technology Services Shanghai China