Dr. Muhammad Ahmed
School of Engineering Technology
111 Sill Hall
- BE (Mechanical Engineering)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Statistics)
- MS (Mechanical Engineering)
- MS (Manufacturing Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering)
Professional SummaryCAE / Quality Engineering/ Sr Manufacturing Engr/ New Product Development/ Software Development/ Virtual Variation Simulation at Ford Motor Company and GM
Interests and ExpertiseKnowledge Management. Business Process Management, Decision Support Systems, PLM, ERP, VSA, Product Development, Process Improvement, Online Learning, and Engineering Education
- EM 505 - Managing Engineering and Technology
- EM 509 - Engineering Project Management
- EM 519 - Applied Engineering Project Management
- EM 520 - Engineering Value and Economic Analysis
- EM 540 - Engineering Resource Management
- EM 580 - Engineering and Enterprise Integration
- EM 620 - Integrated Product and Process Design
- EM 649 - Manufacturing Process Planning
- EM 695 - Seminar in Engineering Ethics and Leadership
Selected PublicationsValue of Formal Project Management to Automotive Employees; Ahmed,M S; International Journal of Modern Engineering (IJME). Vol 13, No 1. (2012) Online ISSN: 1930-6628 Print ISSN: 2157-8052.
Debate : An activity to enhance collaboration in online courses; Ahmed, M.S; The Journal of Online Engineering Education Vol 3. No3. (2012).
Using SMS as a Teaching and Learning Tool; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; ASEE Global Colloquium Proceedings 2011, Lisbon Portugal.
Hiring Experienced Project Manager in Automotive Companies; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B. Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Vol 2. ISBN: 978–1–61275–994–4 pp 619-624
Selection of Parameters for Offset Crash Analysis Using Design of Experiments, Muhammad Ahmed NED University Journal of Engineering Research, November 1997.
Teaching Engineering Management with Diverse Global Cultural Perspective; Global Engineering Recognition, Sustainability and Mobility. Ahmed, M. S; Townsend, R. SEFI 2011 Annual Conference, Proceedings ISBN : 978-2-87352-004-5 (http://www.sefi.be/index.php?page_id=24)ugal
Use of Learning Design Methodology and Knowledge Management in Online Graduate Courses; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B. Engineering Education in the 21st Century - Quality, Globalization and Local Relevance. Editors A. Shanableh, K. Hamad, M. Omar and M. Bettayeb. pp 194-212.
Teaching Leadership in an Interdisciplinary Product Development Course, Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; 9th ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education Singapore, October 18 - 21, 2010.
Linking Professional Certification with Graduate Education; Ahmed, M. S; Lahidji, B; International Symposium on Total Engineering Education (TEE'09)" East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China, pp 175-182
A Process to Reduce Maintenance and Retro Fitting Design Time using Portable 3D Scanning; Ahmed, M S, Lin, Cheng Chih Lin; Society of Manufacturing Engineer Aerospace Measurement, Inspection & Analysis Conference Baltimore September 30th 2009.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Management
- American Society of Engineering Education
Awards and PatentsAthter, Adil; Ahmed, Muhammad S; System and Methods for Managing Communication, U.S. Patent 2011/0282951, Nov 11, 2011
Bayer Teaching Excellence Award 2009, Beyer Technology Services Shanghai China