Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office: Sill 114 / Lab: CRI 106
734.487.1957 (Sill Office) / 734.487.2338 (CRI Office)
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Old Dominion University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, P. R. China
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, P. R. China
Interests and Expertise
- Numerical Electromagnetics
- Pulsed Power
- High-Performance Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
Microprocessors, Microelectronic Circuits, Engineering Programming, Motors and Control, Power Electronics
Q. Hu, S. Hossain, R. Joshi (2018), Analysis of a Dual Shock-Wave and Ultrashort Electric Pulsing Strategy for Electro-Manipulation of Membrane Nanopores, accepted for publication (http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6463/aaca7a/pdf).
J. Xi Q. Hu, L. Zhao, X. Si (2018), Molecular Binding Contributes to Concentration-Dependent Acrolein Deposition in Rat Upper Airways: CFD and Molecular Dynamics Analyses, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2018, 19(4), 997; doi:10.3390/ijms19040997
- Q. Hu and R. P. Joshi (2017), Comparative Evaluation of Transmembrane Ion Transport Due to Monopolar and Bipolar Nanosecond, High-Intensity Electroporation Pulses, J. Appl. Phys. 122, 034701 (2017); doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4994310
- Q. Hu and Joshi, R. P. (2016). Cell Electroporation Modeled Using Voronoi Networks. Handbook of Electroporation, Springer, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-26779.
- K. Yelamarthi, T. Kaya, B. DeJong, D. Chen, Q. Hu, F. Cheng (2013), An Engineering Research Program for High School Science Teachers: Feedback and Lessons Learned from the Pilot Implementation, The Technology Interface International Journal¸13, no.2, 49-60.
- Liu, J., Fan, J., Zeng, T., Zhang, Z., Hu, Q., Li, B. (2013). Evaporation dynamics of water droplet on nano/microstructured polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane-based hybrid polymers. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 394, 386–393.
- Hu, Q., Zhang, Z., Qiu, H., Kong, M. G., Joshi, R. P. (2013). Physics of nanoporation and water entry driven by a high-intensity, ultrashort electrical pulse in the presence of membrane hydrophobic interactions. Physical Review E, 87, 032704.
- Liu, J., Fan, J., Zhang, Z., Hu, Q., Zheng, T., Li, B. (2013). Nano/Microstructured Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxanes–based Hybrid Copolymers: Morphology Evolution and Surface Characterization.
- R.P. Joshi, Q. Hu, "Role of Electropores on Membrane Blebbing - A Model Energy-based Analysis," Journal of Applied Physics, 112 (6), 2012.
- R.P. Joshi, Q. Hu, "Evolution Dynamics of Pore Sizes, Cell Volume, Ionic Concentrations Following High-Voltage Pulsing," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 2012.
- R.P. Joshi, Q. Hu, "Case for Applying Sub-nanosecond High-intensity, Electrical Pulses to Biological Cells," IEEE on Biomedical Engineering, 58(10), pp. 2860-2866, 2011.
- Q. Hu, R. P. Joshi, "Model Evaluation of Changes in Electrorotation Spectra of Biological Cells After nsPEF Electroporation", IEEE on. Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 17(6), pp. 1888-1894, 2010.
- R. P. Joshi, Q. Hu, "Analysis of Plasma Membrane Permeabilization Mechanics and Pore Shape Due to Ultrashort Electrical Pulsing", Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., 48(9), 837-844, 10
- Hu, O. Fadiran, W. Li, R. P. Joshi, "Dielectrophoresis and Electrorotation of Spheroidal cells after nsPEF Induced Electroporation", The 4th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (IEEE), Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICBBE.2010.5514999, pp.1-4, 2010
- Hu, Q., R.P. Joshi, and A. Beskok, "Model Study of Electroporation Effects on the Dielectrophoretic Response of Spheroidal Cells," Journal of Applied Physics, 106, 024701, 2009
- Hu, Q., R.P. Joshi, "Analysis of Intense, Subnanosecond Electrical Pulse-Induced Transmembrane Voltage in Spheroidal Cells with Arbitrary Orientation," IEEE on Biomedical Engineering, 1617-1626, 2009
- Hu, Q., R.P. Joshi, "Transmembrane voltage analyses in spheroidal cells in response to an intense ultrashort electrical pulse," Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research - membrane biophysics 2, 2009
- Hu, Q., R.P. Joshi, "Transmembrane voltage analyses in spheroidal cells in response to an intense ultrashort electrical pulse," Physical Review E 79, 011901, 2009
- Joshi, R.P., Mishra, A., Hu, Q., Schoenbach, K.H., Pakhomov, A., "Self-Consistent Analyses for Potential Conduction Block in Nerves by an Ultra-Short, High-Intensity Electric Pulse," Physical Review E 75, 061906, 2007
- Joshi, R. P., Nguyen, A., Sridhara, V., Hu, Q., Nuccitelli, R., and Schoenbach, K. H., "Simulations of Intra-Cellular Calcium Release Dynamics in Response to a High-Intensity, Ultra-short Electric Pulse," Physical Review E 75, 041920, 2007
Qin Hu received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA. Before joining EMU, she was a tenured associate professor at Central Michigan University. She is currently an assistant professor in the School of Engineering Technology at Eastern Michigan University. Her main research interests have been in the area of numerical biophysics, therapeutic applications of electromagnetic fields, software engineering & development, and artificial intelligence. She has published numerous journal articles, conference papers and book chapters.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE);
Society of Women Engineers.