Dr. Tierney McCleary, Ph.D.
Hotel and Restaurant Management
School of Technology and Professional Services Management
202B Roosevelt Hall
- Bachelor's in Government from University of Texas at Austin
- The Grande Diplome from Le Cordon Bleu, in Paris
- Master's in Foodservice Management
- Ph.D. in Communication at Michigan State University
August 2011 - September 2016 - Assistant Professor
September 2016 - present - Associate Professor
Professional SummaryDr. Orfgen worked in some of the finest kitchens in Paris before returning to her hometown of New Orleans, where she moved through the ranks in high end restaurants there. She was part of the opening and expansion of a catering company and gourmet-to-go operation. After completion of her degrees she worked as an in-house consultant in the Corporate Food and Beverage Department of Harrah's (now Caesar's) Entertainment. She also worked locally as a Food and Beverage Director and Regional Food and Beverage Director for country clubs in Oakland County, MI.
Interests and ExpertiseResearch interests include accountability systems and motivation in the workplace, friendships and motivation, and trust building in the service relationships.
- HRM 103 Introduction to Hospitality
- HRM 179 Kitchen Essentials for Non-Majors
- HRM 180 Food Production
- HRM 360 Franchising and Contract Management
- HRM 385 Global Hospitality Management
- HRM 441 Commercial Purchasing
- HRM 480 Casino Management
- HRM 485 Beverage Management