Welcome To The Advisory Board
This Advisory Board is comprised of industry professionals representing lodging, food & beverage, casino, allied operations, and industry educators.
The five areas we are working on are:
- Curriculum Evolution
- Student Placement
- Program Marketing
- Enrollment Management
Hotel & Restaurant Management Program at Eastern Michigan University is the only program in the state of Michigan granted accreditation through the governing body (2007 - 2014). With input from the advisory board the undergraduate and graduate curriculum has been dramatically revised. The HRM culinary kitchen in Roosevelt Hall was recently renovated and put to use in the Fall of 2010. Originally the kitchen was a part of Roosevelt High School Home Economics Program.
Members (* denotes Executive Committee)
Prof. John Boyless
Betty L. Stremich*
Eastern Michigan University Foundation 734.487.2331
- Teri Herrera, Washtenaw Community College.
- Dennis Konarski, Coordinator, Hospitality Program, Henry Ford Community College.
- Rois Sevvedes, Owner, Tower Inn Cafe
- Jon Gould*, Regional Manager, Mainstreet Ventures
- Larry Gates, Director of Dining Services, Eastern Michigan University Dining Services
- Linda French, Owner, Sidetrack Bar & Grill.
- Tom Lamb, General Manager, Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eaglecrest.
- DeWayne Grann, General Manager, Quality Inn & Suites.
- Don Stacks*, Sales Manager, Gordon Food Service
- Patti Hagopian, General Manager, Compus Dining Services
- Larry Brown, CFE, CPFB, Vice President & General Manager, Michaels & Associates
- Joy Diete-Spiff, General Manager, Red Roof Inn
- Daniel Duffy, General Manager, Crowne Plaza.