HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY Statistics
- Hospitality is the world's fastest growing industry and will add one new job every 2.5 seconds.
- The U.S. travel and tourism industry generated over $1.5 trillion in economic output in 2016, supporting 7.6 million U.S. jobs.
- The hospitality industry is the nation's #1 employer (after government), 8.1% of all jobs.
- Global travel industry gross bookings reached $1.6 trillion in 2017, making it one of the largest and fastest growing sectors in the world.
- Americans now spend 44 percent of their food budgets eating out instead of cooking in.
- Restaurant-industry employment expects to increase to 16.3 million by 2027.
- Management positions within the hospitality industry are expected to grow up to 35%.
- Hotel Managers earn on average $57,250 a year.