Since the strength of any university lies in its academic programs, keeping these programs current through a carefully constructed and maintained course and program development system is essential to the educational mission of the University.
Curriculog is a web based platform developed by Digital Architecture, the company that supplies us with our catalog management system. Its primary function is to streamline our curriculum approval processes by automating curriculum workflow and approval.
Direct Integration with Catalog. Curriculog integrates seamlessly with our catalogs. Courses and programs can easily be imported from any catalog into a new proposal for editing.
Automated. Role-based management allows approval processes to be created that are automatically populated with participants the moment a proposal is identified with a department or institutional unit.
Configurable. The comprehensive user dashboard allows participants to view all active proposals, and to easily keep track of their own, those they are watching, and proposals for which they have active tasks.
Smart. Exception handling allows proposals to be held, canceled, or custom routed on the fly to accommodate special circumstances or to address the ad-hoc need to include a particular role or individual in an approval process.
Proposal templates for the following curriculum modifications are available in Curriculog.
- New Academic Program | Major, Minor, Masters, Specialist, Doctorate, or Certificate
- Program Revision | This may include the addition or deletion of required or restricted elective courses, reconfigurations of existing courses, changes to admission requirements or graduation criteria, or a new concentration
- Program Phase-Out or Shelving
- New graduate or undergraduate course
- Revision to existing course This may include a change to prefix, number, title, description, prerequisites, or restrictions.
- Course Deletion This would remove a course from Catalog/Banner, course can no longer be offered
Curriculog may be accessed by visiting emich.curriculog.com. Once you have navigated to the site, you will need to log in perform any actions. To log in, select ‘Login’ from the upper right corner and provide your e-mail address and password.
If for some reason you are not able to access the site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Go to Curriculog User Guides to find step-by-step directions on how to complete a proposal. The Google Drive folder is accessible to individuals with a @emich.edu account.
The following 1-hour Curriculog training sessions are available to faculty/staff members. By appointment, please email email@example.com.
Looking for guidance on how to proceed?
Please reach out to the Course and Program Development Office.
The office's primary responsibilities are to help faculty prepare proposals for curricular modifications, introduce them into the process, and facilitate the proposal's progress through the process until approved. Carrying out these responsibilities involves such things as,
- Making sure that proposal forms are correctly completed;
- Offering advice about the best way to organize and convey information;
- Identifying and addressing potential problems before proposals leave their initiating departments or colleges;
- Distributing proposals to College and Faculty Councils and keeping track of them as they make their way through the Input System;
- Helping resolve issues that arise during the approval process;
- Updating and maintaining the university’s undergraduate and graduate catalog
- Notifying appropriate University offices and personnel when the decision to approve or disapprove a proposal is made.
- Preparing and submitting proposals for review by the Academic Officers Committee of the Michigan Association of State Universities (previously known as, the Presidents Council) and the Board of Regents
Course and Program Development Handbook (Last Updated: March 2017)
If you have questions about Course and Program Development or the University's Academic Catalogs, Please contact Evan Finley, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 734.487.8954.