Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience
The Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience (CSIE) is a STEM-related program funded by the U.S. Department of Education that connects students with faculty and with community projects through an integrated science curriculum.
We specialize in creating learning experiences for students in STEM fields through innovative courses and student events. Our courses are 1-2 credit hours, and faculty work with community partners to develop coursework that allows students to work on real-world problems.
CSIE also offers academic support that includes:
- Book loan program where students enrolled in CSIE courses can check out CSIE/STEM textbooks for free
- Peer mentoring and faculty mentoring
Fall 2020 Courses
Most CSIE courses are listed as special topics. Please click on any of the course links below to read about our course descriptions.
- CSIE 150L2: Cyanobacteria - CRN:12476
- CSIE 177L2: Contaminants in Groundwater - CRN:14004
- CSIE 177L2: STEM-IT - CRN:13548
- CSIE 177L2: Scientific Communication - CRN:13531
- CSIE 178L2: Scientific Learning - CRN:13533
- CSIE 178L2: Intro to Physics and Engineering - CRN: 13532
CSIE at FAST TRACK Student Orientation
As part of our robust recruitment efforts, CSIE sends representatives that include faculty, staff, and CSIE students to meet and inform new students of the benefits CSIE has to offer. Because Eastern Michigan University's Office of Orientation has currently cancelled all in-person Fast Track Orientations through May 8, 2020, we are unable to meet new students.
The CSIE team has decided to put together a booklet of who we are, the benefits of taking our courses, Fall 2020 course descriptions, and even student testimonials. Please download our digital booklet to read more.
Donate"CSIE Endowment #02362".
Contact the CSIE Program