Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience
The Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience (CSIE) is a STEM-related program funded by the U.S. Department of Education that connects students with faculty and with community projects through an integrated science curriculum. CSIE also offers a book loan program (for CSIE course textbooks) and free tutoring/mentoring for students.
Contact the CSIE Program
- Office Location and Fall Hours: 126 Science Complex, open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (M-Th)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 734.487.0281
- Like us on Facebook
Sign up now for your chance to be a part of SolvEMU!
SolvEMU is a one-day thinking contest that engages students in innovative problem solving by offering a platform to generate solutions for community-based challenges.
Student teams will propose solutions related to any of the four issues:
How can we improve water quality in Michigan while still maintaining and developing a strong Michigan economy?
How can we create community-based solutions to mitigate the opioid crisis?
How can EMU provide more equitable, engaging, and adaptable learning opportunities?
How can Michigan universities work with local industries to train “work-ready” students?
Student teams will be judged by a panel of three judges.
Winning teams will win prizes worth up to $3,000
- CSIE 177L2: Scientific Presentation (CRN 15426)
- CSIE 178L2: Intro to Physics & Engineering (CRN 15427)
- CSIE 150L2: Cyanobacteria in the Huron River (CRN 13529)
- CSIE 178L2: Scientific Learning (CRN 15428)
- CSIE 177L2: Exploring STEM Careers (CRN 15484)
- CSIE 177L2: Contaminants In Groundwater (CRN 16643)
Donate "CSIE Endowment #02362"