Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience
The Creative Scientific Inquiry Experience (CSIE) is a STEM-related program funded by the U.S. Department of Education that connects students with faculty and with community projects through an integrated science curriculum. CSIE also offers a book loan program (for CSIE course textbooks) and free tutoring/mentoring for students.
Contact the CSIE Program
- Office Location and Fall Hours: 126 Science Complex, open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (M-Th)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 734.487.0281
- Like us on Facebook
Sign up now for your chance to be a part of SolvEMU!
SolvEMU is a one-day thinking contest that engages students in innovative problem solving by offering a platform to generate solutions for community-based challenges.
Student teams will propose solutions related to any of the four issues:
How can we improve water quality in Michigan while still maintaining and developing a strong Michigan economy?
How can we create community-based solutions to mitigate the opioid crisis?
How can EMU provide more equitable, engaging, and adaptable learning opportunities in STEM?
How can Michigan universities work with local industries to train “work-ready” students?
Student teams will be judged by a panel of three judges.
List of Fall 2018 courses:
- CSIE 177L2: Scientific Presentation (CRN 15426)
- CSIE 178L2: Intro to Physics & Engineering (CRN 15427)
- CSIE 150L2: Cyanobacteria in the Huron River (CRN 13529)
- CSIE 178L2: Scientific Learning (CRN 15428)
- CSIE 177L2: Exploring STEM Careers (CRN 15484)
- CSIE 177L2: Contaminants In Groundwater (CRN 16643)
Donate "CSIE Endowment #02362"