CORE Ambassador Program
Students who are selected for this position will be responsible for representing both EMU and the CORE. The purpose of the ambassador program is to center the voices of students of color, strengthen leadership skills, and connect EMU students to surrounding communities. Ambassadors will participate and provide assistance in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)-related programs and activities, such as:
- Assisting with planning College Day for Black high school students.
- Planning of the 2020–2021 Student of Color Orientation.
- Creating 2-3 events each semester for students of color in the Intersection (i.e. Study tables, hustle night, game night)
- And more!
- Must be enrolled as a full-time (at least 12 credits) undergraduate student.
- Class standing of sophomore, junior, senior (have earned at least 24 credits).
- Have and maintain at least a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (Each semester).
- Commit to two academic semesters.
- Complete the online CORE Ambassador application.
- Submit a current copy of your resume.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from EMU faculty/staff.
Candidates will be invited for individual interviews, final selections will be made after the interviews have been completed.