EMU offers the opportunity for students to engage in diverse activities and enrich their understanding of self and the world around them.
Department of Diversity and Community Involvement Centers
The Department of Diversity and Community Involvement supports and empowers minoritized students, provides intentional learning experiences, and challenges systems and structures that perpetuate inequities. We envision a campus community where equity and inclusion is woven through all facets of EMU in relationship with the community.
- The Center for Multicultural Affairs (CMA) - Celebrating historically underrepresented populations and providing opportunities for cultural exploration, dialogue, personal reflection, student organization advising and leadership development.
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center (LGBTRC) - Providing a range of education, information, advocacy, and support services.
- The VISION Volunteer Center (VISION) – Helping students and staff to become actively involved in service to address global and local issues and meet community needs.
- The Women’s Resource Center (WRC) – Celebrating women on campus through encouragement, support, academic enrichment, advocacy and educational programming and resources.
Our centers and offices are located on the third floor of the Student Center. Stop by and visit, contact us or call 734.487.3118
- Cesar Chavez Celebration - An annual event that includes students from regional high schools to engage in service and learning in the spirit of Cesar Chavez.
- MLK Celebration - An annual week long series of events to acknowledge, celebrate and carry on the inspirational legacy of the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.