The goal of this site is to serve the interests of its users, the emeritus faculty and staff of Eastern Michigan University. If you have a question, opinion or concern, please contact a member of the Executive Board.
Announcements and News
Your Emeritus Executive Board is pleased to announce that in-person meetings and activities are scheduled for this spring!
Emeritus General Membership Meeting
Friday, May 13, 2022
Last minute update: For those of you registered to attend the Emeritus Membership meeting this Friday, May 13th. The meeting has been moved to the Student Center Ballroom. There will be signs directing you to the ballroom.
There has been an increase of the COVID varient in Washtenaw County and masks are recommended. Please wear a mask if you feel more comfortable. There will be adequate space between tables and a box lunch will be served. Use your pay lot parking card to enter and exit the Student Center lot.
Emeritus Faculty/Staff Spring Social
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
12-3 p.m in the EMU Student Center Ballroom
Our board has agreed and continues to remain in our positions until our membership can meet to elect future board members. We are always here to help you with any emeritus issues you may have.
Sign up to automatically receive a Weekly EMU Today/The Week at EMU by email.
Additional ways to stay in touch with EMU:
There are many classes and activities available in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area to consider:
- Red Cross Building, 4624 Packard Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- e-mail is [email protected]
- During the pandemic many classes are by Zoom.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the U of M (OLLI)
- 2401 Plymouth Road, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- mail to [email protected]
- During the pandemic many classes/events by Zoom.
Washtenaw Community College
- Before registering for the first time, you need to take a driver’s license or ID card to the Student Center at WCC to get a WCC ID card which identifies you as 65 years of age or older. Being a Washtenaw resident 65 or older, tuition is free; however, any materials fee needs to be paid.
- During the pandemic, you also can email a photo of your driver’s license or state ID (front and back) to [email protected]. If you e-mail, be sure to have an account at https://washtenaw.augusoft.net to sign up for non-credit classes and to allow Records to update your profile with the Emeritus discount. Also let them know if you want to enroll for credit or non-credit.