The COVID-19 global pandemic is unprecedented in its scope and impact. As EMU safely transitions back to on-campus operations, we are guided by the following principles:
- Our number one priority is the health, safety and well being of our students, faculty and staff. This will be the guiding principle in every action we take.
- We will continue to provide students with the outstanding education they deserve, excellent service to our community, and a safe working environment for our employees.
- Many questions remain unanswered about the epidemiology and future pattern of the COVID-19 virus. Our planning process will therefore not make specific predictions about a single course of action. Instead, we will model different scenarios with varying timelines and contingencies.
- Our goal is to make well-informed decisions, not necessarily the fastest decisions. We will continue to review regulations, health and safety research, and best practices, and will update our policies and practices accordingly.
- As with everything we do at Eastern, we must ensure that our actions are consistent with inclusive excellence. We must work to provide a campus community that includes and values individuals of differing abilities, experiences, and backgrounds.