Vaccination Requirements for Student Housing Residents

EMU is requiring students who live in the following University student housing facilities to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to report their vaccination status to the University: Best, Brown, Cornell, Downing, Hoyt, Munson, Phelps, Pittman, Putnam, Sellers, the Village, Walton, Westview, Wise, and 601 West Forest. Please continue reading for more details.

Reporting your vaccination status

All on-campus housing residents must report their COVID-19 status to the University's secure and confidential database.

Opportunities to receive the COVID-19 vaccine

The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and free! There are many opportunities to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, including pop-up clinics on campus during the school year. You may learn more about where to obtain a free COVID-19 vaccine by visiting the Get a Vaccine webpage.

Medical or religious accommodations

Students who live in University student housing and need to request an accommodation from vaccination due to medical reasons or a sincerely-held religious belief should do so here.

COVID testing upon move-in

All Housing residents are required to submit proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test shortly before move-in. in August and upon return to campus in January. Residential housing students will receive instructions about this requirement in their EMU email account. Please email [email protected] if you have questions.

Information about your COVID-19 testing requirement

Learn more about your COVID-19 testing requirement

Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Weekly Testing Questions

For more information about EMU Housing & Residence Life please visit the Residence Life website.