- The Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium Department shall be responsible for scheduling all events in the EMU Convocation Center. The assistant director for event marketing and promotion will coordinate and maintain the master booking calendar with all University tenants and outside clients.
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium provides priority booking as follows:
- EMU Commencements
- Scheduled EMU Men's and Women's Basketball, EMU Women's Volleyball
- Outside rentals (EMU and non-EMU)
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium requires all potential clients and tenants renting either facility to complete an application for rental. EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium management will review all applications to determine if dates requested will be held. If an Application is accepted, a contract will be issued.
- All promoters are required to provide a complete Application for rental.
- All promoters must provide proof of positive past experiences with references.
- All concert promoters are required to have promoted a minimum of three (3 events, of a similar type, at a theater, ballroom or arena with a seating capacity of 2,500 or more. Documented proof and references must be provided.)
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium management reserves the right to refuse requested dates held if any items within the application process are omitted.
- A "Hold Date" may be challenged by another potential tenant. The tenant holding a date will be given one business day to fulfill the requirements of the facility contract.
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium require a non-refundable deposit (cashiers check or money order), certificate of insurance and signed contract by the date indicated on the rental contract. EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium will release dates when contract requirements are not fulfilled. If an additional contract is requested, a $25 fee will be assessed.
- EMU organizations must pay by EMU requisition system.
EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium permits reserved and general admission seating at all ticketed events. Bike rack or other barricades are required during Convocation Center arena floor general admissions events to ensure arena floor capacity is not exceeded. No moshing or body surfing is allowed.
EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium reserves the right to determine the necessary amount of safety equipment to ensure that event is managed in a safe and secure manner (i.e., bike rack, barricade, wristbands, etc.). The rental of safety equipment will be the obligation of the tenant.
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium management reserves the right to protect any event dates it deems to be important to the overall mission of the Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium as well as Eastern Michigan University. All events must support the mission of the Convocation Center, Pease Auditorium and Eastern Michigan University.
- All ticketed events are required to use EMU Convocation Center's ticketing system, Tickets.com, unless promoter receives written approval from the Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium director.
- No smoking in the facility. No outside food or beverage allowed in the facility. No bottles, can, weapons, laser lights, fireworks, alcoholic beverages or illegal substances allowed. Facility retains the right to restrict additional items, per event.
- EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium management reserves the right to adjust any rental rates as it deems to be in the best interest of the EMU Convocation Center and Pease Auditorium.
Scheduling an Event
For an application to host an event at the Convocation Center or Pease Auditorium, fill out an event application and return by fax or email.