Safety and Health Associate (SHA) – Construction Industry Concentration
Designed for safety professionals at all levels, or those who are transitioning into a safety role, participants can earn a Safety and Health Associate (SHA) certificate after successfully completing a minimum of seven courses, comprised of a minimum of 68 contact hours of training.
Participants must complete a minimum of three required and four elective courses that include a minimum of 68 contact hours of training through OTI Education Center*** and/or EMU courses to earn the Safety and Health Associate (SHA) – Construction Industry Concentration certificate.
- Participants must complete the three required courses as listed below.
- Participants must complete a minimum of four elective courses as listed below.
- OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction (26)
- OSHA #7500 Introduction to Safety and Health Management (7)
- OSHA #7505 Introduction to Incident (Accident) Investigation (14)
- OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (26) or Industrial Hygiene – Online (26)**
- OSHA #2255 Principles of Ergonomics (18) or Principles of Ergonomics – Online (18)**
- OSHA #7300 Understanding OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Standard (7)
or OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (20)
or Permit Required Confined Spaces – Online (20)**
- OSHA #3095 Electrical Standards (26)
- OSHA #7410 Managing Excavation Hazards (6.5)
or OSHA #3015 Evacuation, Trenching and Soil Mechanics (20) or
Trenching and Excavation Qualified Person (8)
- OSHA #7405 Fall Hazard Awareness for the Construction Industry (5) or OSHA #3115 Fall Protection (18) or Fall Protection/Competent Person – Online (8)
- OSHA #7105 Evacuation and Emergency Planning (4)
- OSHA #7110 Safe Bolting: Principles and Practices (7)
- OSHA #7205 Health Hazard Awareness (6)
- OSHA #7400 Noise in the Construction Industry (5.5)
- OSHA #7845 Recordkeeping Rule Seminar (4)
*Enroll as a certificate program member ($50 membership fee) to receive a 10% discount on each course in your program.
**Online offerings are not official OSHA numbered courses and may not apply to all certificates.
*** Certificates must be completed within five years; courses completed more than five years ago may not be applied toward the certificate. You may transfer up to two OSHA numbered courses from another OTI Education Center for this certificate. Please include course certificates with your completed course checklist when requesting your Safety and Health Associate (SHA) – Construction Concentration certificate.
Contact [email protected] to enroll as a certificate program member or receive an application for a completed certificate.