Safety and Health Professional (SHP) – General Industry Concentration
Designed for safety professionals at all levels, participants can earn a Safety and Health Professional certificate after successfully completing a minimum of six courses, comprised of a minimum of 118 contact hours of training. This program can be completed entirely online.
Participants must complete a minimum of six required courses that include a minimum of 118 contact hours of training through OTI Education Center*** and/or EMU courses to earn the Safety and Health Professional (SHP) – General Industry certificate.
- Participants must complete the six required courses as listed below.
- OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (26) or Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry - Online (26)**
- OSHA #2015 Hazardous Materials (26) or Hazardous Materials - Online (26)**
- OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (26) or Industrial Hygiene – Online (26)**
- OSHA #2255 Principles of Ergonomics (18) or Principles of Ergonomics – Online (18)**
- OSHA #7300 Understanding OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Standard (7)
or OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (20) or Permit Required Confined Spaces – Online (20)**
- OSHA #3115 Fall Protection (18) or Fall Protection/Competent Person – Online (8)**
*Enroll as a certificate program member ($50 membership fee) to receive a 10% discount on each course in your program.
**Online offerings are not official OSHA numbered courses and may not apply to all certificates.
*** Certificates must be completed within five years; courses completed more than five years ago may not be applied toward the certificate. You may transfer up to two OSHA numbered courses from another OTI Education Center for this certificate. Please include course certificates with your completed course checklist when requesting your Safety and Health Professional (SHP) – General Industry certificate.
Contact [email protected]u to enroll as a certificate program member or receive an application for a completed certificate.