Safety and Health Specialist – General Industry Concentration
Designed for safety professionals with at least five years of occupational safety and health experience in either construction or general industry, participants can earn a Specialist in Occupational Safety and Health certificate after successfully completing a minimum of nine courses.
Our safety programs provide real-world safety training that can be immediately applied in the workplace, giving you the knowledge in many safety and health subjects that will allow you to build upon your safety expertise.
Participants must successfully complete five required courses and four elective courses totaling a minimum of 135 contact hours through the Great Lakes OSHA Education Center.* The certificate program can be completed in as little as six months to one calendar year.
Individuals completing the SHS program will be recognized by their peers as having achieved a superior safety education and will gain credentials that will help them stand out from other safety professionals.
Five Steps to Completing your Safety Certificate
- Enroll as a certificate program member ($50 membership fee) to receive a 10% discount on each course in your program.
- Register for classes using your discount code.
- Complete all required and elective classes.
- Contact [email protected] to confirm your completion status and receive your certificate and digital badge.
- Accept your digital badge and add it to your LinkedIn profile or email signature.
- OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (26)
- OSHA #501 Trainer Course - General Industry (26)
- OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (26) or Industrial Hygiene - Online (26)
- OSHA #7500 Introduction to Safety and Health Management (5.5)
- OSHA #7505 Introduction to Incident (Accident) Investigation (14)
- OSHA #2015 Hazardous Materials (26) or Hazardous Materials - Online (26)
- OSHA #2225 Respiratory Protection (26)
- OSHA #2255 Principles of Ergonomics (18) or Principles of Ergonomics – Online (18)
- OSHA #7300 Understanding OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Standard (7)
or OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (20)
or Permit Required Confined Spaces – Online (20)
- OSHA #3095 Electrical Standards (26)
- OSHA #7005 Public Warehousing and Storage (7)
- OSHA #7100 Introduction to Machinery and Machine Safeguarding (4) or OSHA #2045 Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards (26)
- OSHA #7400 Occupational Noise Exposure Standards (5.5)
- OSHA #7105 Evacuation and Emergency Planning (4)
- OSHA #7115 Lockout/Tagout (7.5)
- OSHA #7225 Transitioning to Safer Chemicals (7.5)
- OSHA #7510 Introduction to OSHA for Small Businesses (4)
- OSHA #7845 Recordkeeping Rule Seminar (4)
- Industrial Robot Safety and Risk Assessment (6.5)
*You may transfer up to two OSHA numbered courses from another OTI Education Center for this certificate.
Certificates must be completed within five years; courses completed more than five years ago may not be applied towards the certificate.