Building Effective Teams
The ability to build and implement effective teams is essential to an organization’s success. In this online workshop, participants will learn how to create and sustain high-quality, high-performance teams in any organization.
Upon successful completion of the online Building Effective Teams workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize why teams are so important in the 21st Century organization,
- Identify different types of teams, including key elements of high-performance teams,
- Recognize the traditional stages of team development,
- Establish effective team goals,
- Describe the different roles of team members,
- Develop strategies for effective team communication, decision making and problem solving,
- Conduct purposeful and productive meetings, and
- Discuss methods for addressing team challenges.
Within the Resources section of most modules, you will find additional reference materials and online resources for your review. You can download these files to your computer hard drive or open them directly from the link.
Course Completion Policies
In order to successfully pass the course and receive a certificate, you must complete the following:
- All module discussions
- All module exercises
- All module preview and review questions
- The course evaluation
In addition, you must pass the course final exam with a minimum of 80% of the questions answered correctly. Opportunities to re-test on the final exam will be provided for those who do not meet that requirement on the first attempt.