Clear, appropriate and effective communication is a required tool in a leader’s toolbox. In this online workshop, participants will explore the key elements of effective leadership communication including one-to-one, one-to-many, and group communication approaches, communicating in a diverse society and global economy and the use of technology in communication.
Upon successful completion of the online Leadership Communication workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role, purpose and primary forms of leadership communication,
- Identify best practices in interpersonal communication,
- Recognize effective written communication approaches,
- Outline the steps for an effective presentation or speech,
- Explain the role of strategic communication in organizations,
- Recognize the unique challenges of communicating in a diverse society and global economy, and
- Describe best practices for the effective use of technology in communication.
Within the Resources section of most modules, you will find additional reference materials and online resources for your review. You can download these files to your computer hard drive or open them directly from the link.
Course Completion Policies
In order to successfully pass the course and receive a certificate, you must complete the following:
- All module discussions,
- All module preview and review questions, and
- The course evaluation.
In addition, you must pass the course final exam with a minimum of 80% of the questions answered correctly. Opportunities to re-test on the final exam will be provided for those who do not meet that requirement on the first attempt.