Leadership Principles and Practices
Today's dynamic and competitive business environment requires that organizations develop and support leaders at all levels. In this online workshop, participants will learn the principles and practices of effective leaders, how to develop their own leadership capacities, and how to develop the leadership capacities of others in their organizations.
Upon successful completion of the online Leadership Principles and Practices workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the unique role that leadership plays in the 21st Century organization,
- Compare the roles of leaders and managers,
- Identify the practices of leadership,
- Provide examples of leadership communication that they have used or experienced,
- Describe the organizational change process and apply it to a specific change experience of their own,
- Discuss the ethical responsibilities of leaders,
- Identify strategies to develop leaders in their organization, and
- Develop a plan to expand their own leadership capacity.
Within the Resources section of most modules, you will find additional reference materials and online resources for your review. You can download these files to your computer hard drive or open them directly from the link.
Course Completion Policies
In order to successfully pass the course and receive a certificate, you must complete the following:
- All module discussions,
- The Reflected Best Self Exercise,
- All module preview and review questions, and
- The course evaluation.
In addition, you must pass the course final exam with a minimum of 80% of the questions answered correctly. Opportunities to re-test on the final exam will be provided for those who do not meet that requirement on the first attempt.