Effective leaders analyze and respond to shorter-term opportunities and challenges within a larger organizational, environmental and strategic context. In this online workshop, participants will learn a powerful framework and the analytical tools to develop strategic plans that incorporate the organizational agility required by our fast-moving world.
Upon successful completion of the online Strategic Planning workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose and functions of strategic planning,
- Explain how strategic thinking relates to strategic planning,
- Compare several strategic planning models,
- List the three basic elements of an effective strategic planning process,
- Describe the effective use of data in the strategic planning process,
- Identify eight steps in the strategic planning process, and
- Discuss how to build organizational agility into the plan.
Within the Resources section of most modules, you will find additional reference materials and online resources for your review. You can download these files to your computer hard drive or open them directly from the link.
Course Completion Policies
In order to successfully pass the course and receive a certificate, you must complete the following:
- All module discussions,
- All module preview and review questions,
- The Strategic Planning Case Study, and
- The course evaluation.
In addition, you must pass the course final exam with a minimum of 80% of the questions answered correctly. Opportunities to re-test on the final exam will be provided for those who do not meet that requirement on the first attempt.