Poor quality costs the U.S. economy trillions of dollars per year. Increasing the quality in data collection alone boosts revenue in the average company by 66%.
Open Enrollment Classes
PPAT offers open enrollment and online classes in a variety of quality and continuous improvement topics related to quality standards and planning, continuous improvement methods, productivity and cost reduction.
When open enrollment isn’t the right match or when you need training for a group, consider bringing one of our expert trainers to your facility. On-site classes provides a cost effective and convenient way to train your employees. We can provide your company with practical and proven quality training and consulting services including programs tailored to your processes and gap analysis workshops for your team. Contact us for a quote.
Business Process Optimization
Core Tools, Product Development and Project Management
- AIAG and VDA FMEA Overview (8 hours) or Workshop (16 hours)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) (8 hours)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) (16 hours)
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) (16 hours)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) (16 hours)
- Measurement System Assessment (MSA) Gage R&R Overview (8 hours) or Workshop (16 hours)
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) with Control Plans & Reaction Plans (16 hours)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Overview (4 hours) or Workshop (8 hours)
- Project Management Overview (4 hours) or Workshop (8 hours)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) Overview (8 hours) or Workshop (16 hours)
Quality Management Systems
- ISO 9001:2015 Transition (8 hours)
- ISO 9001:2015 IATF Transition (16 hours)
- Internal Quality System Auditing to ISO 9001:2015 (16 hours)
- Internal Quality System Auditing to ISO / IATF (24 hours)
Quality Methods and Tools
- Benchmarking (16 hours)
- Building Effective Teams (8 hours)
- Corrective and Preventive Actions (Root Cause Tools) (8 hours)
- Cost of Poor Quality (8 hours)
- Team Problem Solving (16 hours)
Lean and Six Sigma
- A3 Method & Kaizen (8 hours)
- Lean Operations with 5S (16 hours)
- Six Sigma Concepts (16 hours)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (40 hours)
- Value Stream Mapping (8 hours)
Our certificate programs provide both beginning and experienced quality and continuous improvement professionals with the knowledge and skill they need to excel. Enroll as a certificate program member and receive a discounted rate on all classes in your program.
Business Process Optimization
Business Process Optimization (BPO) involves the integration of business improvement methodologies with emerging leading practice to drive organizational performance through optimization of business processes. In contrast to many improvement models in use today, BPO provides a framework for process optimization that is both flexible and adaptable to an organization's unique needs and vision.
LEAN Change Leader
Get the skills needed to drive lean transformation. Learn lean principles and tools for effectively changing an organization such as how to analyze the current state and direct site teams to deploy lean methodologies by reducing waste leading to improved organizational performance. The core requirements focus on lean implementation including plan, pilot and deploy.
Manager of Continuous Improvement
This certificate is designed for those who lead process improvement initiatives in their organizations. The program focuses on teaching the skills needed to facilitate and lead teams to plan, deploy and monitor organizational improvements.
This certificate focuses on helping mid-level managers to become effective leaders in a high-performance organization. Learn to understand and build on core leadership strengths, focus time and energy on high priority tasks, communicate effectively and strategically, build high-performance teams, gain a strong, loyal customer base and plan for the future.
Quality Systems Manager
Gain a basic understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation. The core requirements focus on a basic understanding of the audit process and the development and implementation of quality programs, including tracking, analyzing and reporting the cost of poor quality.
For over 35 years, Professional Programs & Training (PPAT) has been a leader in quality and continuous improvement training and consulting for the past 35 years, working with organizations of all sizes in Michigan and throughout the United States. Our knowledgeable instructors consistently receive top evaluation scores for their expertise, experience and teaching effectiveness.