Introduction to Business Process Optimization
Business Process Optimization (BPO) involves the integration of proven business improvement methodologies with emerging leading practice to drive organizational performance through optimization of business processes. In contrast to many improvement models in use today, BPO provides a framework for process optimization that is both flexible and adaptable to an organization’s unique needs and vision.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of the components of the BPO framework and an awareness of the methodologies, tools and models that serve as its core elements. Participants will be introduced to business process architectures, process maturity models, business improvement standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and business improvement methodologies such as lean and six sigma. Students will also be introduced to the key steps involved in building a BPO framework that satisfies the needs of their organization.
Who Should Attend
Business leaders, analysts, influencers, consultants and support staff.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic elements of a business process optimization framework
- Discuss how a BPO framework could be applied to enhance the performance of their organization in line with its mission, vision and strategy
- Describe the basic steps involved in assessing, planning and deploying an organizational BPO framework
- Describe core elements of the framework in general terms, including:
- Business process architectures
- Business process maturity models
- Business improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Business improvement standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001
- Business improvement tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Strategy Maps,
- Balanced Scorecards and Performance Dashboards
- Use a Capability Maturity Model to assess their organizational needs and readiness to deploy a full BPO framework