Introduction to Cybersecurity for Small Business
This self-paced class is designed for business owners or information technology professionals who need an introduction to the world of cybersecurity. In the class we will discuss the basics of cybersecurity, and introduce low or no cost solutions to help business improve their security and reduce their risk of becoming victim of a cybersecurity attack.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize primary tenets of Information Assurance / Information Security
- Explain how to identify and protect critical business data within your business
- List ways to harden and secure access to your businesses computing resources
- Recognize common attacks against your business and ways to defend against them
- Understand the importance of encryption, and where it can be effetely applied to reduce risk to your organization
- Explain concepts around networking, and how to secure your businesses network against attack
- Recognize the signs of a security breach/event/incident and what resources you have as a small business to recover from these events
- Describe common social engineering attacks and how to train your employees to resist them.
The InfoSec Handbook: An Introduction to Information Security ISBN:9781430263821
Since this is an online class, there will be no official office hours. The instructor will be available via e-mail. He'll try to respond to all email within 24 hours. Zoom meetings can be arranged for additional one-on-one activities as needed.
For more information, email Professional Programs & Training at [email protected] or call 734.487.2259 or 800.932.8689.