Eastern Scholars Recruitment & Registration
Recruiting is conducted by the high school in accordance with
EMU’s requirements; 2.5 GPA or higher and other admissions
requirements, and the high school requirements for dual
All students selected for participation must apply by filling our the Application for Alternative Secondary School Options and a registration form. Once admitted and registered for their class (es) the student may access EMU online resources such as the library and other benefits as a EMU campus student.
The program does not constitute admittance to the university
and students who wish to attend EMU upon graduation must
meet all regular university requirements.
To apply, please complete the attached forms.
Eastern Scholar application (pdf)
- Please make sure that you read and complete
all the questions on the forms and print clearly.
- If you are unsure about how to answer a
question, please ask your EMU representative
or high school counselor.
Both, you and your parents must sign the
- If you answer "yes" to the disciplinary history
questions on page 2 of the application, please
remember to submit a full statement of
explanation on a separate sheet of paper.
Registration permission form (pdf)
- This form must be completed in its entirety
with course reference numbers (CRN).
- Please leave the student ID number on
registration form blank. This is your EMU
student ID number, which I will fill in for you
once your application is processed.
Complete a FERPA waiver form (pdf)
- The Federal law prohibits EMU from discussing information with anyone other than the student, unless authorized in writing by the student.