Minors on Campus
It is the policy of Eastern Michigan University that all existing and future University programs and activities involving minors must be developed and administered to provide a safe and protective environment for participating minors.
- View the minors on campus policy [PDF].
- View the full minors on campus administrative procedure [PDF].
Program Registration. Register your program at least 45 days before the start of your program. Program registration must be renewed every year. Register your program.
Background Check. Required for all individuals working with minors. Eastern Michigan University's Human Resources will conduct these background check reviews as they are submitted and the Program administrator will be notified. Background checks must be renewed every three years.
Please keep in mind Background Checks may take from 1-2 days up to a week to run. Information for background checks are submitted on the program registration form.
Training. Training is provided online through Canvas. You will log in with your EMU ID and password. If you do not have one, login information will be provided to you.
Templates & Additional Resources. These are some approved templates for forms you may need as well as additional links to helpful resources.
- EMU Facility Use Addendum [PDF]
- Medication Information Form [PDF]
- Participant Program Application Form [PDF]
- Release and Waiver Form [PDF]
- Transportation Information Form [PDF]
- EMU Conference and Event Services
- EMU Code of Community Responsibility
- EMU Emergency Management Office (For emergency preparedness and response training)
- EMU Emergency Response Procedures
- EMU SAFE Now (For suicide prevention and mental health)
- EMU Police Safety Tips
- Michigan Mandated Reporters' Resource Guide
- Potential Indicators of Neglect
FAQ. Please review our FAQ for answers to questions you may have. If there is anything not answered here, please contact Engage@EMU. View FAQ [PDF].
Upcoming: Minors on Campus Lunch and Learn
Come join us for lunch and learn more about Minors on Campus policy and procedure.
When: May 23, 2019. 12 - 1 PM
Where: 203 Boone Hall conference room
**Space is limited so please let Janice Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org, know if you can make it.**
View all 2019 Registered Programs.
For more information on programs, contact Janice Lee: email@example.com.
203 Boone Hall