Eastern Michigan University
direct edit

Post Baccalaureate

If you already have a bachelor's degree but have never been certified to teach:

Step one:

Attend a group advising session in the COE for post baccalaureate students.

Step two:

Meet individually with an advisor in the COE to discuss your program of study. Your advisor will suggest the classes that you have to take to satisfy the major/minor requirements.

Step three:

Meet with an English advisor to look over those suggestions and to determine if they meet the requirements of the department.

Step four:

Take the agreed upon classes to fulfill the requirements.

Step five:

Pass the MTTC test in English.

For more information, go to http://www.emich.edu/coe/students/pb/index.html

Download the Packet (with checklists) 
for the Undergraduate Major and Minor (pdf):

Undergraduate Packet for Major and Minor