This program is for Graduate students with an F-1 visa who do not meet minimum English proficiency for graduate degree admission, but only need a few ESL courses. Visit the Graduate ESL Pathway catalog page for more information.
Steps to Enrollment:
1. Apply to a graduate degree program.
2. Submit an English test score in the following ranges:
3. Receive conditional admission to the graduate degree program as part of the Graduate ESL Pathway admission.
4. Receive an I-20 to the Graduate ESL Pathway.
5. Take the ESL placement test upon arrival on campus to determine which ESL courses you need.
6. Enroll in ESL and degree courses based on your program of study given to you after the ESL placement test.
"Eastern Michigan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, military status, veteran status or other non-merit reasons, in admissions, educational programs or activities and employment and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act." Read more about this notice.