Managing Polarities Workshops
Intro to/Refresher for Managing Polarities
Repeating Workshops - January 22, 12:30-1:30 p.m. or January 23, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
This is a one-hour introduction to Managing Polarities workshop. It is also a great "refresher" for anyone who attended the Managing Polarities training last Sept/Oct. with Carolyn McKanders.
Polarities are ongoing issues that are unsolvable through ordinary problem-solving. Instead, they are dilemmas that require effective management. This workshop provides an introduction or refresh to applying the managing polarities process.
- Understanding the managing polarities process
- Completing a polarities map
- Practicing coaching "stuckness" — a strategy to help mediate self and others toward balance and “getting unstuck”
Managing Polarities for Groups
Repeating Workshops - February 5, 12:30-1:30 p.m. or February 6, 1:30-2:30 p.m., room 109B Halle
Now that you are familiar with the Managing Polarities process, this session provides one-hour of work time for groups to get together and work on a managing polarities issue together.
- Completing a group polarities map
- "We've mapped a polarity. Now What?" - How to facilitate a conversation about the completed map.
- Tapping the Power of the Polarity - Generating Strategies/Action Steps and Early Warning Signs