Internal Research Award Application Writing Workshops 2018–2019
Are grant proposal rejections getting you down? Faculty who come to these sessions have a proven track record for receiving awards, because they get important feedback on how their proposals will be reviewed by a general academic audience.
Location - Room 109B Halle Library – Faculty Development Center
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734.487.2530.
- EMU Research : (for proposal guidelines, application forms, evaluation forms, timelines, and additional information)
Participants are encouraged to attend both Day 1 and Day 2 sessions of workshops.
Day 1 A University Research and Sabbatical Leave Committee (URSLC) representative will go over the application requirements and strategies for writing successful proposals, and Day 2 – Bring your drafts! Peers provide valuable feedback for revising application narratives.
Types of Awards
- Summer Research/Creative Activity Award (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due Oct. 31
- Sabbatical Leave (available to faculty who have served 12 semesters at EMU) due January 31
- Faculty Research Fellowships (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due January 31
Day 1 Day 2
- A: Wednesday, Sept. 19, 10:30 a.m.–noon and Wednesday, Sept. 26, 10:30 a.m.–noon
- B: Thursday, Sept. 27, 3–4:30 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 4, 3–4:30 p.m.
- C: Monday, Oct. 1, 1–2:30 p.m. and Monday Oct. 8, 1–2:30 p.m.
- D: Tuesday, Oct. 16, 10–11:30 a.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 23, 10–11:30 a.m.
- E: Wednesday, Nov. 28, 9–10:30 a.m. and Wednesday, Dec. 5, 9–10:30 a.m.
- F: Wednesday, Jan. 9, 12:30–2 p.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 16, 12:30–2 p.m.
- G: Thursday, Jan. 17, 3:30–5:00 p.m. and Thursday, Jan. 24, 3:30–5:00 p.m.
- H: Tuesday, Jan. 22, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Jan. 29, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.