Syllabus Tune-Up Workshops
-Want a worry-free syllabus that clearly communicates your learning expectations and class policies?
-It’s never too early to start thinking about your Winter 2016 syllabi!
Hosted by the Faculty Development Center and Office of the Ombuds, this series of workshops is an opportunity for EMU instructors to rethink the purpose, scope, or wording of their course syllabus. Participants will also engage in a case study discussion working through various scenarios for managing student issues.
Each workshop runs for two hours, and we will provide a light meal.
Space is limited - Register HERE by 5:00 pm Monday, November 30th to reserve your spot.
In-Person Workshop Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015; 4:00-6:00pm – Room: 124 Science Complex
- Friday, December 4, 2015; 9:30-11:30am – Room: 301M Owen Building
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015; 12:30-2:30pm – Room: 205D Porter Building
Can't come in person? Join us virtually.
Click link below to register for online streaming access.
FDC – Syllabus Tune-Up Workshop – 124 Science Complex – December 1 2015 4pm
FDC – Syllabus Tune-Up Workshop – 301M Owen – December 4 2015 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
FDC - Syllabus Tune-Up Workshop – 205D Porter – December 9 2015 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Workshop Learning Outcomes:
- Workshop participants will revise their Winter 2016 Syllabi to provide clear communication of the following:
- Instructor expectations for student learning
- Course policies and how policies will be reinforced
- Support for student learning
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 734-487-2530