FTIAC Student (First Time in Any College)
GE Degree Requirements
On average, a FTIAC student will have to take the following courses. You should alwayscheck your audit and the catalog to understand your own personal degree requirements. Follow the links to see the Catalog approved Gen Ed courses.
- Effective Communication
- One Speech Communication Course
- One Written Communication Course
- One Quantitative Reasoning Course
- Knowledge of the Disciplines
- Two Arts Courses
- Two Humanities Courses
- Two Natural Science Courses
- Two Social Science Courses
- Perspectives on a Diverse World
- One Global Awareness Course
- One U.S. Diversity Course
- Two Learning Beyond the Classroom Experiences
- One Writing Intensive Course by Major: Each major will require at least one Writing Intensive course, and you must complete this course to graduate from EMU.
- GE Student Learning Outcomes
- How to find an advisor
- Confused? Contact the General Education department at [email protected].
Use our ConverGE app to browse courses, make a plan, and find out what GE has to offer you!