Programs With Fixed Deadlines
Some programs require applicants to submit all application materials by a posted deadline. Some programs admit students one time each year. Please consult the program information in the Graduate Catalog or contact the appropriate academic department to determine if your program has a specific application deadline.
Many programs offer rolling admissions processes and continue to accept applicants right up until the start of the semester or until all seats are filled. Admitted students must enroll in a course during the semester selected on their application for admission.
- Fall Semester: Typically runs from September through mid-December
- Winter Semester: Typically runs from January through mid-April
- Summer Semester: Typically runs from May through mid-August
To assist you with your planning, view detailed academic calendars.
Recommended Priority Deadlines
- May 1 for enrollment beginning in Fall
- October 1 for enrollment beginning in Winter
- March 1 for enrollment beginning in Summer
Graduate Scholarship and Fellowship Priority Deadlines**
- June 15
**For consideration for EMU Graduate School scholarships and fellowships, you must be admitted to EMU and have submitted your graduate financial assistance application form.