Flexible Spending Accounts and Retiree HRA
When you set up a flexible spending account (FSA), you designate a certain amount to be withdrawn from your paycheck, pre-tax, to be used for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses, as well as work-related child and adult daycare expenses. You can also use your medical FSA for your children between the ages of 19–26, regardless of their dependency status. EMU offers two FSA options to help you save on taxes: the Dependent Care FSA and the Health FSA. You must re-enroll in the flexible spending accounts each year you choose to participate. EMU also offers a Retiree Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for eligible retirees.
Eastern Michigan University has partnered with BASIC to provide the administration of the Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent care) as well as the Retiree Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
To learn more, please remember to visit BASIC’s Website for useful how-to flyers, guides, and frequently asked questions and answers. If you have questions, please contact the BASIC Customer Service team at 800.372.3539. They look forward to continuing to serve your benefit account needs.
800-372-3539 - BASIC Customer Service team
For the most convenient account management experience, download the free BASIC benefits app, available for Apple and Android devices. In three quick steps, participants can pay their medical bills directly to healthcare providers with the “Picture to Pay” feature. No paper, no postage, no hassle.
- Snap a picture of the bill
- Submit via the BASIC Benefits app
- BASIC pays the bill from the appropriate benefit account
Tips for a smooth transition to your new benefit system...
- To set up your account, go to the BASIC site. (Note: Chrome is the preferred browser when accessing the CDA system.)
- When accessing the CDA online portal for the first time, you must sign up even if you already have a BASIC account, you must first sign up before signing in. Look for the Sign Up button below the Sign In link. Check out the Participant Access Flyer here!
- Once you have signed in, please take some time to become familiar with the new website and refer to the Participant Reference Guide [PDF] to learn more about your new CDA system!