Eastern offers comprehensive health and vision plans with eligibility varying by employee groups. Our benefits emphasize prevention and health maintenance, while promoting quality of life. Eligible employees can choose from:
- Community Blue PPO (Option 5)
- Blue Care Network HMO (Healthy Blue Living)
- BCBS High Deductible PPO Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA)
However, if your spouse has access to subsidized medical or dental coverage through another employer, he/she must take that coverage.
Before choosing a plan, consider all the costs involved (including both premiums and out-of-pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance, copays), networks and access to doctors and hospitals, and your anticipated health and financial needs over the next year.
Health Plan Rates
The health plan rates for our plans are extremely reasonable and include medical, vision and prescription coverage.
The Benefits Compliance Guide is a summary of these notices and provides you with a brief overview of important information related to healthcare and employee rights.
What do you need to know about the Affordable Care Act?
Read the following important notices:
- Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
- Are you a woman facing a cancer diagnosis? Get important information about your rights.
- Guide to using EMU Autism Benefits [PDF]
- If you or your dependents are eligible or currently have Medicare, read Drug Coverage and Medicare [PDF]