Eastern offers comprehensive health and vision plans with eligibility varying by employee groups. Our benefits emphasize prevention and health maintenance, while promoting quality of life. Eligible employees can choose from:
- Community Blue PPO (Option 5)
- Blue Care Network HMO (Healthy Blue Living)
- BCBS High Deductible PPO Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA)
However, if your spouse has access to subsidized medical or dental coverage through another employer, he/she must take that coverage.
Before choosing a plan, consider all the costs involved (including both premiums and out-of-pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance, copays), networks and access to doctors and hospitals, and your anticipated health and financial needs over the next year.
- View Medical Plan Summary Comparison [PDF]
- 24-7 Virtual Physician option for HMO participants [PDF]
- BCBS Information if Traveling Abroad [PDF]
Health Plan Rates
The health plan rates for our plans are extremely reasonable and include medical, vision and prescription coverage.
The Benefits Compliance Guide is a summary of these notices and provides you with a brief overview of important information related to healthcare and employee rights.
What do you need to know about the Affordable Care Act?
Read the following important notices:
- Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
- Are you a woman facing a cancer diagnosis? Get important information about your rights.
- Guide to using EMU Autism Benefits [PDF]
- If you or your dependents are eligible or currently have Medicare, read Drug Coverage and Medicare [PDF]