Eastern Michigan University
Develops, implements, counsels and enrolls all faculty and staff in specific benefit programs. Processes all benefit claims. Administers the employee tuition waiver program. Administers all University retirement programs and processes tax deferred annuity plans.
Open Enrollment for 2015 Benefits was Oct. 31 - Nov. 14, 2014
OPEN ENROLLMENT RESOURCES
REMINDER: FSAs and HSAs require an election each calendar year per IRS rules. If you do not make a new election during open enrollment, you will not have a FSA for 2015. If you participate in the PPO / HSA Option, you must also make a new election to have money deducted from your paycheck during 2015.
For all EMU-enrolled groups, except FMs: If you do not change your benefit election during open enrollment, you will be enrolled in the same benefit plans at the same level of participation that you have now, with a few exceptions:
- You must enroll in the flexible spending account or health savings accounts each year you want to contribute
- You must complete a dental benefits dependent eligibility form if you currently have a dependent aged 19-24 enrolled in the dental plan and you wish that dependent to remain on the plan in 2015
- Facilities and Maintenance (FM) Employees Are Required to Make a Health Plan Election for 2015. Facilities and Maintenance (FM) employees have new health plan options for 2015 and must make an election during open enrollment in order to have health coverage for 2015.
BENEFIT SUMMARIES, FORMS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
For Blue Cross Blue Shield Presentation on 2015 Health Benefits click
- Medicare Part D - Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998
- Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (CHIPRA)
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
Health Plan Rates & Waivers
2015 Health Plan Rates - updated 11/13/14
Other Important Information