Diversity & Affirmative Action
Human Resources provides resources, programs, and materials that foster and nurture a diverse faculty and staff.
Here are a few things we do:
- Provide guidance in Eastern’s hiring activities to meet affirmative action goals.
- Monitor recruitment to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, federal and state laws and collective bargaining agreements.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination filed against employees.
- Ensure HR vendors reflect the diversity of EMU and the community.
- Conduct trainings and workshops on affirmative action, equal opportunity employment and diversity issues as well as discrimination, harassment and fair employment practices.
- Monitor pending state and federal legislation and policy developments related to affirmative action and EEO and participate in related hearings.
- Prepare an annual affirmative action plan.
- Participate on various university and community committees and organizations representing EMU.
EMU provides a collaborative, welcoming and supportive culture where differing ideas, behaviors and backgrounds contribute to the educational experience that includes a global and multicultural perspective enhancing the individual, society and the world.
Are you looking to increase diversity in your department? Visit our diversity resources page.