New Hire Resources
Welcome to Eastern Michigan University! We're excited to help you start your career at Eastern. Below you will find helpful information that will ensure a smooth transition into your new role.
- Setting up your my.emich employee portal [PDF]
- New Hire Welcome Guide [PDF]
- Helpful resources to get you started as a new employee [PDF]
Banner ERP Training and Resource Materials for New Employees
This 8 minute course/demonstration provides an overview of the Banner home page, basic navigation tools and tricks for this page, and keyboard shortcuts.
This 10 minute course/demonstration provides an overview of how to search for data in Banner and to filter results.
This 7 minute lesson/demonstration provides an overview of basic page navigation within Banner.
This is a page dedicated to various resources for EMU employees to utilize to learn more about Banner self service queries related to budget/finance and how to approve requisitions.
This page provides an overview of employee self service resources where employees may access their payroll and benefits information.
Provides answers to frequently asked questions about Banner Workflow.
This page provides instructions and guides related to the utilization of the Banner App Xtender document management system.
For additional resources please visit the Banner Ecosystem overview on the Division of Information Technology website.
New Employee Orientation
Orientation for new staff employees (AC, AH, AP, CA, CP, CS, FM, PE, PS, PT) are offered 3 times throughout the year (once per semester). New employees will be informed of their Orientation date upon hire and be assigned online new hire training through our learning management system, Bridge.
Manager "To Do's" and Resources for Onboarding New Employees
As you bring on a new member to your team there are several things that you need to do. The following checklists will help to keep you organized on key tasks to complete and help your new to assimilate to the team. It is recommended that these forms be completed prior to your new hires first day of employment.
Graduate/Teaching Assistants or Doctoral Fellows
Here are some things you can do to get started on your orientation process.
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your federal tax form and consent to a background investigation. If you are an international student, please make an appointment with payroll by calling 734.487.2393 to complete this process.
- Complete the State of Michigan tax form [PDF]
- Contact the Diversity & Affirmative Action Office (734.487.1166) to attend a Preventing Sexual Harassment training session.
- Employment eligibility verification form I-9 [PDF]
- Obtain and activate your Eagle OneCard.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice [PDF]
- Find out where to park.