New Employee Orientation
Welcome to Eastern Michigan University! We're excited to help you start your career at Eastern.
Orientation for new staff employees (AC, AH, AP, CA, CP, CS, FM, PE, PS, PT) are offered 3 times throughout the year (once per semester). New employees will be informed of their Orientation date, during an in depth online onboarding that will be assigned.
Graduate/Teaching Assistants or Doctoral Fellows
Here are some things you can do to get started on your orientation process.
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your federal tax form and consent to a background investigation. If you are an international student, please make an appointment with payroll by calling 734.487.2393 to complete this process.
- Complete the State of Michigan tax form [PDF]
- Contact the Diversity & Affirmative Action Office (734.487.1166) to attend a Preventing Sexual Harassment training session.
- Employment eligibility verification form I-9 [PDF]
- Obtain and activate your Eagle OneCard.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice [PDF]
- Find out where to park.