The Division of Information Technology provides you with several options to keep your computer equipment current:
- Computer Refresh Program (CRP) - eligible participants may select a standard Dell desktop computer every 4 years at no cost to their department. Departmental cost sharing and pre-approved special order models are also available.
- Purchasing a Computer (Non-CRP computers) (and peripherals) - standard models can be purchased from Apple or Dell.
- Cascade computers (previously-used computers) - available for departmental shared use and for an employee who is not eligible for the CRP.
Computers can be purchased from the manufacturer for personal use at an academic discount:
Upcoming Dell Promotions:
- Early Access dates: Aug. 25-31
- Sale goes through Sept. 7
- Savings include:
- Inspiron 15 3000 - Laptop $230 (save $70)
- New XPS 13 Laptop - $849 (save $150)
- Dell 24 Monitor - $130 (save $90)
- Inspiron Desktop - $500 (save $100)
- Semi-Annual Sale 9/8 - 9/21
Department Computer Repair
The IT Help Desk offers computer repair for EMU owned computers. The Help Desk will refer departments to fill out the Financial Commitment From Departments for Computer Repair form to pay for replacement parts.