Eastern Michigan University
Each year the Computer Refresh Program Committee determines a set of minimum support standards for computer systems on campus. Computers which fall below the minimum standards will not be supported.
Standards for the coming year are announced at the beginning of a computer refresh cycle to assist departments in selecting systems which need to be replaced. Departments then have approximately 5-6 months to replace systems before new minimum support standards are set.
CURRENT STANDARDS (effective 1/1/2016)
PC/Windows Minimum Standards
- Windows 7 (English Versions Only)
- 4GB RAM
- Desktop: Dell Optiplex GX760 or equivalent
- Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 2010
Macintosh Minimum Standards
- Capable of running Mac OS X 10.9 (English Versions Only)
- 4 GB RAM
- Desktop and Laptop: Intel Processor
- Microsoft Office 2011
The Help Desk maintains a list of browsers that are tested for compatibility with different programs. Please view Supported Browsers for more information.
Printer Minimum Standards
- Must contain an internal network card
- Must print with toner instead of ink
- Must have current software drivers available for OS X 10.9 and Windows 7
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197