How to Lock Your Computer
On the keyboard, press the Windows Key+L or On the keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then select Lock this computer.
Note: To unlock the computer, press, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, enter your password and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
MAC OSX System8
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on the Security icon.
- Check the Require password [time field] after sleep or screen begins box. In the time field, choose the time before you need to log in again.
- Use the back arrow button to return to System Preferences and click the Desktop and Screen Saver icon.
- Select the Screen Saver tab.
- Set the amount of time you want to pass before the screen saver starts (5-10 minutes is a good limit).
- Click on the Hot Corners button.
- In the Active Screen Corners window, select Start Screen Saver from the drop-down menu in the corner you want to activate the screen saver.
- Close the Desktop & Screen Saver window.
- When you want the screen saver to start, move your mouse to the corner you selected.
Note: To unlock the computer, move the mouse from the corner, or click on any key. Then enter your password and click the OK button.