Summer of 2015, Canvas replaced eCollege as the official LMS for online and web-enhanced classes (access to eCollege ended on June 30, 2015). For current information on Canvas go to the Center for Elearning site.
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) is federal legislation in the United States that protects the privacy of students' personally identifiable information (PII). See: Student Education Records
The permitted (Yes), the not permitted (No), and those needing to contact I.T. (Contact I.T.) are listed in three columns in the matrix below.
- Private Personal Information
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Other Sensitive University Data
- Attorney/Client Privilege
- I.T. Security Information
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Credit Card Information (PCI)
- Social Security Numbers
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Sensitive Human Subject Research
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)
- All Other Research Data
Note: Don't see what you need? Email the I.T. Security Team at [email protected].