Library Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Finding DVDs and Videos
DVDs and video cassettes are listed in the library catalog. To find them:
- Go to the library catalog
- On the left side of the screen, under Limit To: select Videos and DVDs from the drop-down menu.
- Type the artist name, title, or your subject in the search box and then click Search
- Search Tip: Put phrases in quotes - see example below:
Type a space following your search term or phrase and add dvd
To search for only VHS format:
Type a space following your search term or phrase and add vhs
The example below shows how to search for the Magic Flute in dvd format only.
- e.g. Item 1 is in DVD format and Item 2 is in VHS format.
- Most video's and DVD's are located in Storage.
To request an item from storage
- First click on the title
- Review the information provided to verify it is what you are looking for, and pay close attention to any details describing the DVD/video.
- e.g. if you are looking for a DVD make sure the description says the item is in DVD format, rather than VHS.
See requesting items from storage for more information.