Library Services Updates
Check the status of the library building and services as changes are made in response to the pandemic. (This page last updated December 7, 2020.)
- See current hours
- EMU ID card swipe required to enter. Only EMU students, faculty, and staff are permitted in the building. Contact the Eagle Card office at 734.487.3176 for any card problems or questions.
- Contactless pickup allows those without EMU ID to borrow items without entering the building.
- All building users must check in at the station inside the entrance, and must complete the Daily Health Screening before coming to campus, or on a paper form when entering.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Only the ground and first floors are open, with limited reservable and drop-in study spaces and computers.
- Only individual study is allowed, no group study or meeting rooms are available.
- Most library materials can be requested for pickup. See instructions and more information on pickup.
- Digitization of print book chapters or articles is available. See instructions and more information on digitization.
- Return library materials to the outside book drop to the right of the library entrance. See additional return options.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 6 days before being checked in; no fines or fees will be charged during this period.
- MeLCat and Interlibrary Loan services are operating normally (not available Dec 21st - Jan 11th).
- If you need a chapter from a book not available at EMU or MelCat, please submit the request as an article request in ILLiad.
Non-circulating, non-reserve materials, such as archives, microforms, and periodicals, will be available to use by appointment.
- Request an appointment by emailing [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance of the desired time.
- Library staff will schedule the appointment and confirm the time with the user.;