Library Services Updates
Check the status of the library building and services as changes are made in response to the pandemic. (This page last updated November 18, 2020.)
- See current hours - updated Nov. 16th
- Beginning Monday, Nov. 30th, EMU ID card swipe required to enter. Only EMU students, faculty, and staff are permitted in the building.
- All building users must check in at the station inside the entrance, and must complete the Daily Health Screening before coming to campus, or on a paper form when entering.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Only the ground and first floors are open, with limited reservable and drop-in study spaces.
- Only individual study is allowed, no group study or meeting rooms are available.
- Most library materials can be requested for pickup. See instructions and more information.
- Return library materials to the outside book drop to the right of the library entrance. See additional return options.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 6 days before being checked in; no fines or fees will be charged during this period.
- MeLCat and Interlibrary Loan services are operating normally.
- If you need a chapter from a book not available at EMU or MelCat, please submit the request as an article request in ILLiad.
Non-circulating, non-reserve materials, such as archives, microforms, and periodicals, will be available to use by appointment.
- Request an appointment by emailing [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance of the desired time.
- Library staff will schedule the appointment and confirm the time with the user.;