Library Hours: 12:00am to 10:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Get Items from Storage (ARC)
Where is Storage?
- Books and materials listed in the library catalog with the location Storage are located in the Automated Retrieval Collection (ARC) in the library building.
- The ARC's massive robot cranes locate and move the hundreds of bins that hold more than a half-million books, videos and other items from the Library's collection.
How long does it take to get an item from Storage?
- Items are usually retrieved in less than 10 minutes.
Will I be notified when the item is ready?
- Notification of a successful request will appear on the catalog screen, but no separate notifications are sent.
How long are items held?
- Books are held for 5 days after a request.
- Media (DVDs, CDs, etc) are held for 24 hours.
How can I get help with Storage items?
- If you have any trouble requesting an item from storage, please ask a library staff member for assistance.
- If you don't have an E-Number, ask at the Information/Reference Desk to have the item requested for you, 734-487-2445..
How do I request items from Storage?
- Video: Requesting Items from Storage (1:21)
- Or follow the guide below:
- In the results list in the library catalog, you will see the location ARC Storage.
Click on the title:
- Click on Get This to start the request:
- Enter your E-Number (including the E) and last name:
- If necessary, select the volume or copy you need.
Enter your E-Number (including the E) again and click Submit:
- Confirmation of the request should appear on the screen. If the request is successful the item will be available for you at the Circulation Desk in 5-10 minutes.