Thursday May 05, 2016
Library Hours: 7:30am to 10:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
- EMU alumni are eligible to receive a library courtesy card to checkout materials.
- You must pick up your library courtesy card in person. Applicants must be 18 years of age and must have a valid driver's license or Michigan ID card when applying for the card. Borrowing privileges are updated every six months (except for Friends of Eastern Michigan University Library cardholders).
- Alumni must present their EMU courtesy card and a picture ID (either a valid state ID or a driver's license) upon checking out materials.
- See loan periods and limits for more information.
Access to Library Online Resources
- In the Library building:
- Most of the library's subscription online resources are available for public use from the express computers located in the first floor information commons.
- Printing from these resources is available for 5 cents/page.
- General computing applications such as word processing, email, and unrestricted Internet access are not available to alumni or visitors.
- Remote access:
- The library's subscription online resources are not available to alumni from off-campus. Vendor contracts limit off-campus access to currently registered EMU students, faculty and staff.
- The library catalog is available for anyone to use, from any location.
- Mel.org provides access to selected research databases to all Michigan residents.
- JSTOR's Register & Read service provides limited free access to articles.
- Many of the library's research guides include selected free online resources. A few guides have research recommendations for alumni: