Library Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Eastern Michigan University Library
Visitors to the EMU Library are welcome to browse and use our collections while in the library building.
Visitors may be eligible for a library courtesy card - see requirements and more information about courtesy cards and other guest borrowing.
Finding Your Way
Access to Library Online Resources
- In the Library building:
- Most of the library's subscription online resources are available for public use from the express computers located in the first floor information commons.
- Visitors can print from these express computers for 5 cents/page, using a copy card purchased in the library. (Black and white printing only.)
- General computing applications such as word processing, email, and unrestricted Internet acccess are not available to visitors.
- Remote access:
- Vendor contracts limit off-campus access to our online resources to currently registered EMU students, faculty and staff.
- The library catalog is available for anyone to use, from any location.
- Mel.org provides access to selected research databases to all Michigan residents.
- JSTOR's Register & Read service provides limited free access to articles.
- Many of the library's research guides include selected free online resources. A few guides focus on free resources: